Frequently Asked Questions
Here you’ll find answers to our most commonly asked questions.
Who is the Babysitting Course for?
The Babysitting Course is recommended for ages 12-16. However, every learner is different and we do have students who are younger and older. A pre-teen who is staying home alone for the first time would also find this course helpful.
In most locations, you must be 12 or older to legally babysit.
How long does it take to complete the course?
The Babysitting Course is self-paced so it's really up to the learner how slow or fast they consume the content.
We estimate the course takes approximately 5 hours to complete at an average pace. We recommend splitting up the content over a few days to fully digest the lessons!
What makes The Babysitting Course different?
The Babysitting Course is interactive and fun! It uses the latest technology with interactive videos that feature real-life scenarios. You’ll answer questions about how you would act in that exact situation!
You’ll also get a printable Babysitting Checklist that you can take to every babysitting job. The course will go through the checklist in each module so you know exactly how to fill it out! There is also a printable Babysitting Handbook that you can refer back to. We’re there with everything you need to be a great babysitter!
The Babysitting Course was also developed by a First Aid Training Provider, and an educator with over 22 years experience. It covers what you’ll need to get started in babysitting, all the way to how to handle emergency situations.
Will I get a Babysitting Certificate?
Yes! Every course completion includes a Digital Badge and Certificate.
Can I take this course to stay home alone?
Yes! The Babysitting Course is a great tool to help you feel more comfortable staying home alone. You will gain confidence and become prepared to handle situations that may happen when you’re at home by yourself.
Can I stop and restart the course?
Yes! This online babysitting course includes 6 modules and you can take a break at any time. All you have to do is log back in and you can restart at the last lesson.
How do I register for The Babysitting Course?
Registering for The Babysitting Course is fast, easy & secure!
- Click here to register & pay in $USD | Click here to register and pay in $CAD
- Add The Babysitting Course to your cart and create your Learner account
- Enter the first and last name that will be shown on the certificate
- Enter your email Address and create a safe password
(* Parents/Guardians, if you put in your email address here the babysitter-to-be can always change it later in the My Profile tab.)
- Continue with Checkout and select 'Purchase for Myself'
- The program will open, click 'Begin' to start The Babysitting Course!
- OR send the account details to the Learner so they can login and start The Babysitting Course!
Questions? We are just an email away at email@example.com
How do I login to The Babysitting Course?
When you create your account you will either register with an email, phone number, or Facebook credentials. Please use the same method to login.
If you can't remember your login, you can use the 'forgot password' feature located under the login button.
If you continue to experience issues please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org
I took the course, but I haven't received my certificate yet?
There are a few reasons why you may not have received your certificate yet:
- Check to see if you have completed the last module fully, there is a button at the end of the course to 'go back to main menu' - you must click this to complete the course.
- If you have done this and still not received a certificate, check your spam or junk folder - it could have landed there!
- Also check the email on your account - is there a spelling error?
- If all else fails please reach out to email@example.com for assistance.
Do you have a gift card template I can print?
Helpful Resources for Babysitters
A guide to what age babysitters should be across the United States.
A guide to what age babysitters should be in Canadian provinces & territories
Create these activities with items from around the house!